You may have seen the coverage of Dr. Ahmed’s virtual reality surgery which he performed and streamed live in April 2016. In our conversation, he explains how he’s using Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) to teach surgery and accelerate the training of surgeons around the world.
In today’s conversation we talk about
- The unmet need for surgeons and surgery around the world
- How to accelerate training and teaching using AR and VR technologies
- How technology can help reach underserved areas of the world
- How the role of surgeons will change with the use of augmented and artificial intelligence and robotics
- The coming “surgical singularity” (see below!)
Click the link to tune in! bit.ly/salus-019